Top 9 Events Happening in Toronto in September
Take a break and enjoy the last few bits of summer by attending some of the city's hottest events of the year 😌
Here are our 9 handpicked events you won't want to miss this September. 🎪
1. Toronto International Film Festival (tiff) 🎬
• When: Thu Sep 9 – Sat Sep 18
• Where: TIFF Bell Lightbox, Roy Thomson Hall, the Visa Screening Room at the Princess of Wales Theatre, Scotiabank Theatre, and Festival Village at Ontario Place
• Price: $19 - $40
The 46th edition of the Toronto International Film Festival features 10 days of International and Canadian cinema. Come watch the digital Festival in-person where it features exciting films, special events, talks, tributes, and interactive experiences!
2. Beerfest T.O. 🍺
• When: Sat Sep 25 1pm - 8pm
• Where: 100 Prince Edward Island Crescent, Toronto
• Price: $90.43
BeerFest T.O. is an outdoor, celebration of beer featuring local and international brewers, a mouth-watering selection of food created from Toronto’s most popular restaurants, and awesome music from some incredibly talented musical artists.
3. Toronto Ukranian Festival 🇺🇦
• When: Fri Sep 17 – Sun Sep 19
• Where: Bloor West Village
• Price: Free
This three-day event is perfect for the entire family! Every fall, The Bloor West Village welcomes thousands of visitors who come to try Ukrainian food, hear Ukrainian music, and enjoy its art. This event is one of the largest ethnic festivals of the Greater Toronto Area.
4. Asialicious Carnival 🍜
• When: Fri Sep 10 – Sun Sep 12
• Where: Woodside Square
• Price: $10 - $30
Asialicious is an annual celebration of Asian food culture in Toronto where food lovers can try hundreds of specially priced food and beverages for two weeks. The event will feature a free movie night, a “Starry Night” variety show followed by fireworks, and multicultural performances.
5. Drive-In Movie Night on Eglinton 🚗
• When: Sep 12 "Grease" / Sep 19 "Sound of Music" / Sep 23 "Jurassic Park"
• Where: 125 Burnaby Boulevard, Toronto
• Price: $20 per car and all proceeds go to Daily Bread Food Bank
For the first time ever, Eglinton is presenting THREE drive-in movie nights! This is a COVID-friendly event to watch all time favourite movies in the comfort of your car at the Green P parking lot.
6. Manifesto 🎙
• When: Thu Sep 9 – Sat Sep 11
• Where: 130 Queens Quay E, Toronto
• Price: $17.32
Manifesto is a non-profit, youth-powered platform that puts local artists on the map and empowers young people through music & culture. Founded in 2007, the award-winning Manifesto Festival of Community & Culture is one of Canada’s largest celebrations of hip hop culture.
7. Redpath Waterfront Trail 🏃♀️
• When: Fri Sep 17 – Sun Oct 3
• Where: Waterfront Toronto 20 Bay St., Toronto
• Price: Free
The Redpath Waterfront Festival has redesigned its annual festival into a two-week socially distanced waterfront trail called the Redpath Waterfront Trail. Spanning from Lower Sherbourne to Lower Spadina, the Redpath Waterfront Trail will include Augmented Reality stops, graffiti & public art installations, and local promotions at waterfront businesses.
8. End of Summer Boat Cruise Party 🛥
• When: Sat Sep 18
• Where: The Empress of Canada 11 Polson Street, Toronto
• Price: From $64.67
Kick off your weekend on a boat and see the city like never before! What could be a better way to celebrate Toronto on a summer evening than to party on a boat? Experience Toronto by cruising through the Inner Harbour, Island Lagoons and see the cityscape.
9. Karrot Fall Freecycle 🥕
• When: Sat Sep 11 - Fri Sep 17
• Where: on the Karrot app 😎
• Price: Free
Monthly Karrot freecycling is back! If you’re planning to declutter for the end of summer, join the freecycling and share with your neighbours. Don’t miss out on the freebies in your neighbourhood! You’ll also have a high chance to win some prizes, so make sure to check it out this Saturday! 😉
Which event are you most excited for?
Leave a comment below and maybe you'll even find a Karrot buddy to attend with 🎉